The town was named Cat Spring when the son of the towns founder encountered a large wild cat near a spring. The white 12 sided building on this property is one of the few remaining historical dance halls in Austin County. This historical marker is 0.5 miles west of intersection of FM 1094 and FM 949. It is listed as marker number 759 and was erected in 1936.
The Historical Marker reads:
Town Of Cat Spring
A pioneer German settlement founded in 1832 by members of the Amsler, Kleberg and Von Roeder families.